Frequently Asked Questions
How do I become a certified private investigator online?
- You must be 18yo or older.
- You need a clean criminal and personal record.
- You must be an Australian citizen.
- You need to be employed by an Australian PI agency.
- You will need to take a government course, most likely Cert 3.
What training do you need to become a private investigator?
- You must be 19yo or older.
- You must have a clean criminal record.
- You have to take a government licensing course.
- You must obtain 2400hrs of experience with a PI beginner's license.
What education do you need to be a private investigator?
Educational requirements vary by jurisdiction. However, most employers require a high school diploma or equivalent before hiring someone to work as a private investigator. Some prefer or require that you have an associate or bachelor’s degree in criminal justice or a related field.
How to get a private investigator license in any state?
While there is no central designation for the profession, the requirements generally include:
- Minimum age ranging from 18 to 25
- Associate’s degree in criminal justice or a related field
- Bonding requirements
- Proof of relevant experience
- Background checks and information
- Fingerprints and photo
- Passage of an exam and continuing education where required