Frequently Asked Questions
What continuing education do estheticians need?
What continuing education do estheticians need? Educational Requirements. To become an esthetician, you must complete some form of postsecondary education and training, usually at a technical school or community college. Licensing.
What do you learn in esthetician school?
Through a specialty course, you’ll learn:
- Proper sanitation procedures
- The right wax to use
- What before and after products will minimize pain
- Hands-on techniques
What can you do with esthetics license?
What Can I Do With An Esthetician License?
- Brand Trainer. The most simplistic definition of a brand trainer is an educator. ...
- Brand Representative. While this is very similar to a brand trainer and beauty educator, brand representatives promote their product to different professionals such as makeup artists or salon and spa ...
- Makeup Artist. ...
- Beauty Writer or Blogger. ...
- Salon and Spa Esthetician. ...
How to become a licensed esthetician?
To qualify for a license, you must complete the following beauty school training requirements:
- Esthetician – Complete 750 hours of instruction in a beauty school
- Manicurist – Complete 600 hours of instruction in a beauty school
- Esthetician/Manicurist – Meet one of the requirements below: Complete 1,200 hours of esthetician/manicure specialty instruction Complete 750 hours of esthetician instruction and 600 hours of manicure instruction