Frequently Asked Questions
What does it take to become an Enrolled Agent?
Tips for Passing Enrolled Agent Exam Part 3
- Know the material If you want to become an EA, your main EA exam priority must be knowing the exam material as well as you can. ...
- Think long-term If you take EA exam Part 3 last, you may feel one of 2 things by the time you get to this point: relief that the process ...
- Develop your educated guessing abilities
How long does it take to become an Enrolled Agent?
How Long Does It Take to Become an Enrolled Agent? Depending on your tax knowledge, becoming an enrolled agent can take 3-8 months. You may hear some enrolled agents boast that the EA exam is easy and they passed it in just a few weeks. Yet, the reality is that most candidates are not able to pass in 1 month.
How hard is it to become an Enrolled Agent?
What Can You Do to Pass the Enrolled Agent Exam Faster?
- Choose the Best EA Review Course for You. Reviewing with the best enrolled agent course for you enables you to study more effectively and pass more efficiently.
- Skip Content You Already Know. ...
- Focus on Your Weak Areas. ...
- Make Sacrifices with Your Time. ...
- Pass Each Section on the First Attempt. ...
How do I become an Enrolled Agent?
The IRS lists three steps to becoming an enrolled agent:
- Obtain a PTIN through the IRS.
- Schedule and pass the EA licensing exam. Candidates can then apply for enrollment through the IRS website.
- Undergo a background check. Background checks look at income tax history and any criminal background.